As I write this I can’t help but hum Eminem’s ‘Guess who’s back, back again…’ lyric on repeat in my head. It’s been about a year since Peeled took a hiatus from the blogosphere and I’ve got to say, it feels good to sit here writing this.
I feel like I owe you a little explanation. I kind of pulled the blog version of breaking up with someone via text message, and I don’t want to be that kind of gal. The decision to take a break was fueled by a few different things happening all at the same time in my personal life-
1. I lost sight of the reason I started blogging. Peeled originated from the idea that health had become trendy and complicated to so many people. I wanted a space to remember how easy wellness is at its roots. Over time I got caught up in trendy health headlines myself, and because of that I think Peeled started to lack direction.
2. Tell ‘Em Tuesdays became a distraction. If you’re involved in blogging, you’re probably familiar with the idea of link parties where bloggers meet up to connect and share what they’ve been working on. Although I stand by the idea of starting my link party to build a network, it started to shift too much of my attention from why I started blogging. Between promoting, organizing, and editing the link party posts, the joy of it began to feel like it was dissipating.
3. I didn’t know what I was getting into. When Peeled started supporting advertisements and brands began reaching out for collaboration, I felt like I was in over my head. Like so many beginner bloggers, I underestimated the time commitment that is needed to publish quality content.
4. I started a new job. …My dream job, to be completely honest. I truly feel like being a health teacher is a part of my soul, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to do what I love everyday in a school that is so supportive and positive.
5. I got married! Admittedly, this is probably the main reason Peeled went on hiatus. When we got engaged, every ounce of spare time in my day went to obsessively stalking wedding pinterest boards and watching TLC. Was I over the top? Probably. Do I regret a second of it? Nope!
So my friends, if you’re still with me- I’m still here! You can expect to see many more easy healthy living tips, recipes, weekly meal ideas, and plenty of daily life ramblings. Wishing you love, happiness, and health!