This recipe was created during a fit of rage over the price of a Chipotle burrito bowl. I get it that quality ingredients cost more, but seriously how expensive is rice?
I’m obsessed with my slow cooker, it’s probably one of the top 10 relationships in my life. Yes, I realize it’s an inanimate object. It makes me dinner at least 3 times a week, I’m willing to use the word ‘love’. Deal with it.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 c low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis
- 2 tbsp. Mexican seasoning
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups rice, prepared
Combine all ingredients besides corn, beans, and rice in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir to break up chicken, then add corn and beans. Allow mixture to sit until heated through, and serve over rice.