Apple slices with peanut butter is definitely in my top 5 snacks. Why?
- apples contain soluble fiber
- think: happy digestion
- apples are also lower in sugar than fruits like bananas
- the fiber in apples helps slow how quickly we absorb sugar
- think: no blood sugar spikes leading to a crash later
- peanut butter is a great protein source (I also like almond butter)
- protein gives you longer lasting energy, to fight off hunger!
Ready for the best peanut butter trick ever?
Put a tablespoon of peanut butter in a tiny microwave safe bowl, and heat it for about 30 seconds. Wha-la!Instant warm, gooey peanut butter dip. Heating the PB also saves you calories because it makes that little dollop of peanut butter go much further.
I do this with almond butter as well. Sometimes for some variety I sprinkle a touch of cinnamon or a few dark chocolate chips in the peanut butter…healthy snack heaven!